The Gaggia Anima Deluxe Automatic Coffee Machine is a top choice for coffee drinkers and coffee lovers who don’t want to spend a lot of time making their favorite drinks. As this machine can froth most types of milk, will grind beans and comes with a hot of built-in recipes, you’ll never feel chained to it when making coffee. The Anima Deluxe can make espresso as well as drinks that use that strong coffee like a latte or cappuccino.
Worth the Investment?
We think that the Gaggia Anima Deluxe Automatic Coffee Machine is worth the investment because this machine performs just as well as the more expensive Gaggia super automatic espresso machines but does not cost an arm and a leg. Not only is it more affordable for shoppers, but it can also cut down on the time that you spend in the kitchen. At less than nine-inches across, this machine has a smaller footprint too.
Constant or frequent use of the machine can lead to problems like the spout not working or cracks in the water tank. When you need to repair it, Gaggia requires that you send back the machine to its own factory. It can take weeks or longer for the manufacturer to finish repairing the machine, which is a hassle for many.
A good alternative in this same price range is the DeLonghi ESAM3500. DeLonghi uses the same Italian engineering that Gaggia does.
The Gaggia Anima Deluxe Automatic Coffee Machine offers a convenient way to make coffee in the morning that doesn’t require you grind beans and keep an eye on the brewing process. It features programmed options for brewing nearly any type of drink made from espresso. You can even choose the specific temperature that you want your coffee to come out at and can select a minimum, maximum or medium temperature setting.
Even if you’re not in the mood for coffee, you can use the Anima Deluxe for making other types of drinks. Its steam wand also works as a water dispenser and gives you quick access to the already heated water inside the tank. This wand also works as a frothing wand and will pull milk stored inside a separate milk canister up inside the machine, mix it with steam and pressure and pour the frothed milk into your cup.
Convenient placement of both the bean hopper and water reservoir make this machine easy to fill and clean. You can lift lids on the top of the machine to access either one. The water reservoir is on the left, and the bean hopper is on the right.
In addition to the pressure used by the steam wand, the Anima Deluxe features a 15-bar pump that uses pressure as well. This pump increases the pressure used when brewing to get more flavor from the beans and to increase the aroma you smell and taste you get.
• An automated milk frothing feature uses a tube to remove milk from your canister and mix it with heat and air before pouring it in a cup
• At under nine-inches across, the Anima Deluxe is one of the more compact espresso makers for sale
• Programmed options let you choose the the temperature, strength and amount of coffee made
• Can work with both fresh beans as well as ground coffee
• Dries out any coffee that you use to create dregs, which in stores in a dedicated box that can hold up to 15 coffee dregs
• Minimum and maximum water temperature settings are available as well as a medium setting
• Automatic cycles include a descaling option and a standard cleaning option
• Has a low energy mode that it automatically enters after 60 minutes of inactivity
• Its 15-bar pump uses more pressure to give finished drinks a better flavor
• Lets you access the 60-ounce water reservoir from the top of the machine
• Gaggia can keep your machine for weeks or longer when it needs repairs, which is an inconvenience for most shoppers
• Constant use can lead to cracks forming in the water tank or problems with the coffee spout.