With a larger pump, an LED display and a water level sensor, it’s not surprising that the Jura E8 Espresso Machine is one of the more popular machines that the company makes. What is surprising is that this is a super automatic espresso that costs a fraction of what those from other top companies cost. Though many coffee drinkers like the E8, you really need to take a good look at it before deciding whether to add it to your own kitchen.
Worth the Investment?
There is almost nothing that you can’t make with the Jura E8 Espresso Machine because it has an internal bean hopper for making coffee with fresh beans, a funnel for using ground coffee in drinks and a steam wand attachment that releases perfectly steaming hot water from the water reservoir inside for tea and similar drinks. It has an 18-bar pump that extracts more flavor from dried coffee beans and eight programs and settings that you can use with each cycle.
Owners of the E8 complained in the past that they suffered from problems that occurred soon after their warranties expired. You’ll also come across more refurbished models for sale than new models.
We found that the E8 is worth the money though because it has so many different settings. You can use one setting to tell it the type of water that you have, which lets its filtration system take over. It also has a cup selector that lets you select how much coffee to make based on the size of your cup.
The Jura E8 is one of the few espresso makers made by Jura that is not part of a larger line like its Impressa or ENA lines. It has a built-in system that filters your water to remove calcium and other things that can make your coffee taste rusty or bitter. If you find that the coffee still tastes off, you can use the hardness setting to change how the machine filters the water.
A program dial on the E8 lets you check out the stats to see how often you use the machine, change the language based on who uses the machine and adjust the aroma level. This dial also lets you switch between ounces and millimeters and turn on the automatic shut off feature.
Jura added an LED display on the front that features shades of red and black. One of the more unique aspects of this screen is that you can see it from almost anywhere in the room and from any angle. This helps you track your coffee without standing close to the machine.
With the Jura E8, you can make more than just coffee and espresso though. This machine will work with either ground coffee or coffee beans and has a hot water spout built inside the frothing attachment. Use the spout to get steaming hot water directly from the water reservoir.
• A 64-ounce water reservoir works with the machine’s internal filtration system to remove calcium and other deposits from your water
• Can rotate the knob to select from eight program options that include aroma and hardness levels
• Has an automatic off feature that lets you set a time and tell the machine when to shut down to reduce accidents and overheating
• Includes an 18-bar pump that is larger than the bars used by other machines to get more flavor from beans
• Has seven built-in language settings for use in and out of the United States
• Comes with a ceramic burr grinder designed like those used on commercial machines
• Cup selector lets you make a once-ounce espresso shot or up to eight ounces of coffee or coffee and milk
• Will grind up to 15 grams of coffee beans
• An include funnel lets you use ground coffee in the E8
• Produces and releases and endless stream of hot water or steam
• You may have a hard time finding a new model for sale because there are so many refurbished models on the market
• Many users complained that the machine broke after their warranties expired