Choosing the right Jura espresso maker may take more time than you think because this company makes some of the highest rated models available for sale today. Though you may choose a smaller or cheaper model, we highly recommend the Jura GIGA W3 Professional, which is large enough for any group or home and comes with features no other machine offers.
Worth the Investment?
One look at the price tag on the Jura GIGA W3 Professional might lead to sticker shock, but once you learn more about the GIGA W3, you’ll understand why so many people have no problem paying that much money for a home machine. This machine comes with all the built-in features that you need to feel like a barista when brewing at home as well as cycles designed for cleaning the machine and removing scale. Though it’s quite pricey, it’s an investment we think will do you well in the future.
Our only complaint with the GIGA W3 is that it takes up more space, which makes it a poor choice for those with small kitchens. Most coffee lovers will like that they can make standard recipes and customize their own drinks with this machine before pressing a single button to clear out the inside and remove odors and debris that might change the flavor of their beans. The Jura Z6 Automatic Coffee Machine, which is a slightly cheaper, is its biggest competitor.
The Jura GIGA W3 Professional is the closest that you can get to having a barista in your kitchen. As a professional coffee maker, it will function like a dream in a restaurant or cafe and give you access to amazing drinks at home. The GIGA W3 has the large hopper and water tank that you need for making espressos for a crowd.
Whether you drink multiple cups a day or go days between cups, you’ll love having an aroma preservation lid that actually locks the bean hopper and keeps those beans away from the odors in your home that can impact the flavor. Though the adjustable coffee spouts will not release milk, the machine does have a steaming wand that acts like a frother. This frothing attachment can make a lighter and thinner layer of crema or a thicker and richer layer of cream.
Hard water deposits can change the taste of your coffee and make even the most expensive beans taste burnt and bitter, which is why Jura added a built-in descaling cycle to this model. You do not need to use any expensive chemicals or cleaning supplies, but you will need to press a button to tell the machine to run this cycle. It also has standard cleaning cycles that you can run.
The Jura GIGA W3 Professional also features multiple drink recipes inside and gives you the option of customizing those drinks with more coffee, less milk or a temperature change. Accessories like cup warmers help you further customize the machine.
Pros and Cons
• Bigger water tank and bean hopper help you make more drinks for more people or a bigger crowd
• Aroma preservation lid completely seals away the beans and protects them from odors in the air
• Both of the coffee spouts on the front can adjust to fit larger, thinner, wider and shorter mugs
• Colorful display of a larger size helps you keep an eye on your brewing options and all settings
• Built-in cleaning cycles tell you when the machine needs a cycle ran and prevents you from using the machine until it is completely hygienic and safe
• Can customize standard recipes to change the water temperature, amount of coffee and type of froth
• Jura makes other accessories that you can use with the machine like a cooler for your milk or a heating rack for warming cups
• Integrated descaling cycle allows for quick descaling with one touch of a button
• Attached frothing wand works as a frother and steamer
• Can steam and froth milk in your cup or another container
• High price tag makes it one of the most expensive home espresso machines for sale
• Larger footprint means that it takes up more kitchen space